Riverview Baptist Church Campus
The Fundamental Baptist Theological Seminary is a local church ministry providing a doctrinally sound and Biblically based theological education for preachers, pastors, and lay people alike. Classes are held one night a week at a local Church campus.
(Monday evenings, from 6 pm to 10 pm for the Riverview Campus.)
There are currently four campuses in Alabama: Sweet Springs Baptist Church in Ardmore, AL; Riverview Baptist Church in Southside, AL; Life Gate Baptist Church in Arab; AL; and Freedom Baptist Church in Carbon Hill, AL. Other campuses may be added each year as the ministry grows.
FBTS offers a program of study for both the Bachelor of Theology and Master of Theology degrees; and at some campuses, an Associate of Theology and a Bible Certificate program.
- The Bachelor of Theology Degree consists of the completion of 128 semester credit hours provided by four courses per semester over a period of four years.
- The Master of Theology Degree is awarded for the completion of an additional 64 semester credit hours beyond the Bachelorís program provided by four advanced courses per semester over a period of two years.
- The Associate of Theology Degree (where offered) consists of 64 semester credit hours completed within two years.
- The Bible Certificate (where offered) is awarded to the student that successfully completes an intense study of the Bible. An Old Testament Certificate may be earned in one year consisting of two semesters. A New Testament Certificate may be earned in one year also consisting of two semesters.
FBTS is established as an auxiliary ministry of Sweet Springs Baptist Church in Ardmore, AL. The Seminary is led by a Board of Directors and its President, Dr. Jay Noland. Our current professors at the Riverview Campus are: Dr. Jay Noland, Dr. Matthew Morrison, Dr. Tim Smith, Pastor Jeff Mims, and Assistant Pastor Frank Thompson.
Please visit the college website at www.fbtseminary.com for more information such as:
- Courses offered within each program
- Class Schedule
- Tuition and Fees
- Application for Admission
- Student Registration